Inside Corporate M&A – Study: „Inside Corporate M&A – The Formula of the Fittest“
What distinguishes successful company buyers from the vast rest of buyers whose company purchase later turns out to be a failure?
The conclusion: "Best practices" in M&A processes are the success factor: The successful purchase of a company is not an art, but is based on sophisticated M&A processes. The better the M&A team and the management of the acquiring company master the M&A processes, the more successful these companies are in corporate acquisitions.
Especially companies that make many acquisitions have first-class M&A process know-how and for this reason are very successful in M&A transactions. In the study, Accenture distinguishes between "Core M&A Processes" and "M&A Enabling Processes".
The "Core M&A Processes" include:
- Strategy Management: Positioning, Strategic Planning, Screening & Selection, Justification
- Transaction Management: Deal Origination, Project Management, Due Diligence, Valuation, Negotiation
- Integration Management: Integration Concept, Integration Management
M&A Enabling Processes" include:
- M&A Governance: Organization, Committees, Roles, Process
- M&A Performance Management: Reporting, Reward Scheme, Auditing
- Knowledge Management: Knowledge Retention, Knowledge Replication
From our many years of experience advising on corporate acquisitions, successful acquisitions continue to be inextricably linked to:
- linked to an M&A strategy based on the corporate strategy
- good timing in the M&A process is just as important for a successful acquisition
- as a realistic assessment of the purchase prices currently being paid on the market
KP Tech Corporate Finance
We support you in the development of the acquisition strategy, in the preparation and implementation of the M&A process as well as in the post-merger integration. Benefit from more than 20 years of experience in international M&A consulting for company acquisitions and sales. Well-known national and international clients have been and are currently clients of KP Tech Corporate Finance in the field of company acquisitions. Our headquarter is in Munich (Germany). We have offices in Frankfurt/Main, Berlin and Duesseldorf.
We advise buyers on buy & build strategies as well as on the development and implementation of M&A processes and acquisition strategies.
Contact KP Tech Corporate Finance in strict confidence by phone at +49 (0) 89 21 53 66 09-0 to arrange a personal and non-binding meeting.